Wednesday, March 19, 2014

First Prizes

I went surfing on the forums today in my spare time on Astromech.net, not really having an agenda or a specific item I was looking for.  Wow, I don't know if any of you have ever gone down a rabbit hole, like the time that you just wanted to make one post on Facebook and an hour later you are still taking quizzes to see which Avenger or Harry Potter character you the most like, but reading through months of forums is really easy to do.
      Needless to say, a couple of hours after logging in, I found a few more things that I needed to start ordering.  I hadn't heard back from my original resin guy so I got a second resin guy and like his pieces.  Some parts were cheaper and some were more expensive than my first guy.  I didn't care and I thought it would be best to have the parts, does it matter where they came from?  I sent a couple of emails and realized there were other parts of the forums I had never looked before.
       I found the RC threads.  People had posted videos of programming their remotes, controlling their motors and a few other things I still don't know what they were doing.  Most of the videos were very reassuring to me as they described how the builder had zero experience with radio controlling.  This thread made me happy to see that I am not the only one that has no idea what I am doing.  After another fourty minutes (while watching Castle on Hulu) or RC controller research I purchased a controller, a couple of motors, motor driver, and receiver.  This should be exciting.  I ordered them from Amazon, so I will get them this week and I will be able to start investigating the radio controlling portion of the droid.  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment