Tuesday, September 30, 2014

*Post Report* GenCon 2014

It has been a long time since I blogged.  A lot has happened in life and with R2.  School started again in August and totally took all of my time, but I did take R2-M5 into the classroom for display.  The kids thought it was totally rad.  I was excited to finally show it off to my friends at school and the kids and show everyone what I was up to during the summer.
R2-M5 in the classroom
        I was disappointed that I could not get my foot drive and drive system working well enough for the weekend of GenCon which was the weekend after school started.  I Tried the drive system the day before school started and there were problems with the center foot, which was pretty janky (I made it from scrap wood I had in my garage and it was not tight enough).
        I did go to GenCon with some friends without R2.  We had a great time walking around looking at the costumes and the games and the food trucks.  My buddy and I both had costumes and dressed up for a couple of hours.  It was a lot of fun to be in that world of people stopping you to take pictures and bringing joy to people just by making some sounds and reenacting scenes from their favorite movie.  I can't wait for R2 to become a part of that.
My Tusken Raider cosplay
Tacker and a Sandperson
          I took three weeks off of working on R2-M5 to concentrate on school and getting off the ground there.  But at the end of August we had a build day at my house.  There were three of us working in my garage.  It was a fun day that we will do again in October. We built wood legs for Gary, we put together and testing the drives for Jerry, and we got my new electronics working.
Nice legs, Gary!
But, Jerry's got a killer body!
High Polish.  I have to try this.

No comments:

Post a Comment