Wednesday, April 23, 2014

PSIs and Logic Displays

Another package showed up today in the mailbox.  I'm not sure which is more exciting, a small package hidden in the mailbox or a large package sitting by the door.  Every day as I drive up the cul-du-sac heading to the house and i eyeball the front porch step hoping to see a white or brown box sitting there by the door.  For a while now I have been disappointed by the fact that nothing has been there.  I missed the first package, my aluminum frame, and my second package was delivered while I was home, my wooden legs.  I did get a box from Amazon for my RC controller and other pieces, but again I was home when the FedEx guy left it on the porch.
       Twice I have been surprised by opening the mailbox (we have a mailbox large enough for our 3 year olds to get into it when we moved in) and finding a smaller box waiting inside.  The first time there were two boxes waiting for me because we hadn't checked the mail in a few days.  I didn't suspect the mailman of placing my packages in there, I didn't know there would be sent by USPS.  Those were cool presents because they were some of the detail pieces and hinges, neither of which I could use right away, but still neat to see.
       Today was a big one!  Not in size, but in awesome flashiness (both figuratively and literally).  Today my logic displays and PSIs came in the mail.  I lucked out the other day on the Astromech site.  I was stalking for most of Saturday because the guys in the Midwest Builders Club told me that to get anything in the "junkyard" you had to be on when someone else posted an item.  The junkyard is like a garage sale when guys that build electronics or have too many of a certain piece can unload their prizes to others, like myself, that need certain parts.  The site is nuts with guys buying up everything right away.  For example, I was off of the website for two days and they started a skin run (a guy in Germany was going to produce 30 aluminum skins for builders around the world), and the thing was maxed out in under four hours.  I really need skins too.  From that day on, I have been stalking in any free time I have.
       I have no idea what I'm doing with electronics and such so I jumped at the chance to buy a full of PSIs and logics.  Below is a video of them working.  When I get the dome, I can show everyone where they actually go and how they look, but for now this is still spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment