Monday, May 12, 2014

I'm going to learn electronics!

*LEG UPDATE*

The legs are completely painted and ready for the resin pieces as soon as I get those and start sanding and painting those.  They look pretty good, but there are a lot of little imperfections.  Luckily most of those will be covered up by other pieces and details on the legs.  I also ordered resin foot shells for all three of his feet.  It is exciting to see the parts on the leg and it looking more like the real R2 leg.


      More deiveries every day it seems like.  Last week I received all of my servos motors from Amazon and the sexy red paint for the red parts.  I'm really excited about seeing that on a finished piece.  Today I received my "Discover Electronics Kit" so that I can learn how to create electronic parts and board.  The kids and I are going to learn together how to make diodes light up using a circuit board.  I hope it is challenging enough to teach me something.  I really think I learn bet by trying it the way a child would do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment